• Name, Home address, Email address, Telephone number.
• Gift Aid Subscription preferences.
• Options to receive a paper copy of our Newsletter and Third Age Matters
We will also request that you provide consent for us to store and use your data. Your consent is required in order to ensure our compliance with data protection legislation. We use your data:-
• To provide our activities and services to you.
• For administration, planning and management of our U3A.
• To monitor, develop and improve the provision of our U3A activities.
• To communicate with you about your group activities.
We will send you messages by email, telephone and post to advise you of our activities and other activities relating to U3A. We may disclose data about you:-
• Internally to Committee members as required to run our activities.
• Externally – where we use an external system and with your consent e.g. our website
We have reviewed the Terms and Conditions of each of our Suppliers and are satisfied that their systems for holding your data are secure. Where we need to share your data to anyone outside of our U3A we will seek your permission and inform you as to who the data will be shared with and for what purpose. We keep your data so that we can provide our services to you. Your data will not be stored for longer than is required to meet the needs of your membership.
To ensure the data we hold is accurate and up to date, you need to inform us of any changes as soon as possible. You can do this by contacting the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to view the information that we hold on you, you can make a request by contacting the Membership Secretary who will usually respond within 14 days of the request being made.
We have in place security safeguards to protect your data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access. Your membership data is held on a spreadsheet and can only be accessed by committee members – as appropriate.
If you have any queries about this policy, or have any complaints about our privacy practices, please contact our Chairman at email@example.com
Policy last reviewed September 2023